This announcement came out yesterday and it closes on Monday, June 11, 2012.
MITS is looking to hire some IT Student Trainees for several locations including Detroit. This is a paid position for current students with programming experience or education. See below for a summary of the job. No start date is listed, but it is expected to be soon as reasonable possible. I have included a direct link to the announcement. You may share this information including the attachments to any family, friends or organizations. I know this is a short turnaround and most students are out of school right now. Sorry.
Information Technology Specialist – IT Student Trainee
Job Locations: Lanham, MD; Detroit, MI; Austin, TX; Ogden, UT and Martinsburg, WV.
SCEP Information & Requirements:
· Experience/education in Web Developer/Programmers: Java, COBOL or ALC
· System Testers (for the above program languages)
· Flexible – hours will be determined based upon your particular class schedule
Open to:Any rising student with a 2.5+ GPA who is pursing a certificate or degree:
· Vocational/Technical certificate;
· Associate degree;
· Baccalaureate degree;
· Graduate degree; or
· Professional degree.
In one of the following or equivalent educational programs:
· Computer Science;
· Information Technology;
· Computer Information System; or
· Information Systems.
· You must be a citizen of the United States
· Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must be registered with the Selective Service System
· Veterans’ preference applicable
Announcement Number: 12BR2-MIX8001-2299-4T9-ST
Applications accepted through June 11, 2012
How to Apply
Apply online athttp://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/318220800 .
Recruiter, IRS Recruitment Office (OS:HC:ETS:IRO)
(IN, MI, OK, & TX)