Check out flipagram. It lets you create short videos using your pictures and music.
To read more about flipagram and other educational web resources and mobile apps for teachers and educators, go to Educational Technology and Mobile Learning.
See what EDMT alumna Rich Beaudrie has to say about this subject @ https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/author-your-digital-story-rich-beaudrie?trk=mp-reader-card
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$27.07 USD Per Hour|
Job Summary/Basic Function:
In collaboration with faculty and staff, the Instructional Designer will support instructional design, course development and delivery of online and technology-mediated courses. Instructional design principles and practices will be used to improve teaching while addressing the demand for accountability and assessment. The Instructional Designer will help instructors effectively use technology, manage instructional projects, and oversee copyright and intellectual property issues. The Instructional Designer will have a strong educational and pedagogical background, excellent customer service skills, and possess the ability to effectively use collaboration techniques in working with individuals and teams with diverse personalities.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Education, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, and significant experience related to the position.
2. Direct experience in instructional design, program or course development, educational technology integration or area related to the position.
3. Experience teaching adult learners.
4. Experience teaching or learning in the online environment.
5. Strong technical skills in a variety of multimedia and web applications.
6. Strong team and customer orientation and successful experience developing skills in others.
7. Experience interpreting student and instructor needs to produce effective instructional materials and technologies to support teaching and learning.
8. Good communication skills and the ability to communicate with and understand the needs of others.
9. Strong organizational skills with project team leadership experience, flexible, and good work ethic.
1. Master’s degree in Education, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, with experience in higher education related to the position.
2. Experience with instructional design for the online environment.
3. Experience working with educators with a variety of approaches to teaching and learning and in a variety of curricular areas.
4. Online teaching certifications or equivalent.
5. Online teaching experience.
6. Course development experience using online course management system (i.e., Blackboard).
7. Demonstrated project team leadership experience.
8. A basic understanding of the Copyright Law and its impact on the educational campus and online environments.
1. Works within a team environment to assist faculty with the development of courses that include effective teaching and assessment strategies for web-based and other technology-mediated environments.
2. Brings instructional design expertise to the project team for curricular development, delivery, and review.
3. Monitors the course development process; collaborating on new courses, continuing development and course maintenance, and provides periodic reports on course development projects, while meeting established deadlines.
4. Assists in the development and review of quality standards and instructional effectiveness pertaining to course development and delivery.
5. Investigates and evaluates new pedagogical and technology-mediated learning initiatives.
6. Contributes to the development and implementation of sound workplace practices to automate services and facilitate communications.
7. Assists faculty with multimedia software use and instructional technology integration.
8. Investigates and monitors changes in copyright laws and educational applications/regulations and assists faculty with compliance.
9. Collaborates with a variety of campus constituencies.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Online App. Form:||https://jobs.schoolcraft.edu|
Plan to attend EDcamp Schoolcraft on Feb 7, 2015 from 8a – 3p. To register go to http://www.schoolcraft.edu/a-z-index/edcamp.
On Saturday, several of our EDMT Master’s students walked in EMU’s Winter Commencement ceremony. The time and energy they spent on their studies and projects during their time with us was impressive. We wish them all the best in their professions and look forward to hearing from them from time to time.