The following comes from Byron Heads:
Moxie Group, Inc. is looking for a software developer to build custom web-based applications and user interfaces for use internally and by our customers. We are looking for someone with a love for creating compelling and useful interfaces to complex systems using web technologies. If you’re a web developer, application engineer, and you have the skills to create highly interactive and well-designed web-based user interfaces, we would love to hear from you.
Moxie Group, Inc. is a software development firm that provides consulting services, enterprise architecture and design, software prototyping and development services for companies seeking to expand their technical capabilities into emerging Internet technologies. Our expertise is in performance and scalability, enterprise architecture, and leveraging Cloud and other infinitely scalable technologies to solve business challenges.
We are looking for an experienced developer with experience building high quality web applications. This is a hands on position where you will be asked to do everything from designing prototypes for features to supporting production building low level database rock-solid components to mentoring other engineers. You should be a leader, excelling in communication, ownership and customer focus. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
Our engineers own their work from beginning to end, from gathering of requirements, design and implementation, to launch and support. This position requires interaction between several stakeholders including product managers and engineers. You will review the UI and API designs of your peers, as well as fix bugs and troubleshoot operational issues as they occur.
• 3-5 years of software development experience.
• Bachelor’s degree – preferably in computer science or a similar degree.
• Experience creating design prototypes
• Experience translating design mockups and prototypes into working application designs.
• Experience with HTML5 and CSS.
• Experience with asynchronous web frameworks like GWT.
• Motivated to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
• Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability.
• Demonstrated passion about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.