Yes it is true: Rollerblading is making its way back to being cool!
For the past few years, rollerblading has made its comeback. It is not only fun but it is also a great workout! Here are a few great things about rollerblading:
1. Rollerblading uses a lot of the larger muscles of the lower body making it an amazing workout.
2. It helps with balance! Rollerblading require good balance which also works your core muscles to establish a center of gravity.
3. It is a low-impact activity so your bones, joints and muscles are at ease compared to running.
4. Skating is a great excuse to go outside and enjoy the fresh air.
5. While skating, you can go for miles without stopping and running out of breath, unlike the ever-so-unfriendly sport of running.
Although EMU is very hilly there are ways around the hills to make a great rollerblading excursion. If you are on the academic building side of campus in order to avoid the dangerous and dreadful hill by Porter take the trailer over by Pierce and Roosevelt. It is downhill but it does not go straight down like the hill by Porter. Also if you want a really smooth flat path then take the path to the Convocation Center- it is almost a mile (if not longer) and it is a great path.