By: Nicole Roser
Everybody knows that when you come into college, you automatically gain 15 pounds or more. Take Billy for example. Billy was a healthy, happy freshman until he stepped into one of the multiple Eastern dining facilities. Billy LOVED the food here so much that he got the platinum meal plan. He bought and consumed as much food as he possibly could. Billy didn’t take advantage of the REC IM and as a result of lack of exercise and horrible eating habits, Billy gained above and beyond the freshman 15.
Billy isn’t a real person. But if you don’t follow my advice, you could become Billy.
- Eat a salad! Make your own salads at the Eateries and the Commons. The Commons even offers premade salads by our finest chefs.
- Don’t feel obligated to drink the fountain pop/soda just because it comes with the meal. Get some orange, cranberry or apple juice instead of pop at the Eateries. At the Commons, drink milk. At the Student Center and Marketplace, take advantage of the water tap on the fountain drink machine.
- Also don’t feel obligated to take a breadstick just because it comes with the pasta or personal pizza at the Upper Crust in the Eateries. Don’t carbo-load if you don’t need to.
- TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE REC IM! Give yourself a good ole fashioned workout on the track, courts or equipment. If you don’t like to work out around a bunch of people, go to the 4th floor. It has miscellaneous work out equipment and is never crowded. Or even just do Zumba in your room!
- Drink lots of water. Stay hydrated and a full belly of water will make you feel full.
- Don’t eat after midnight. I know the Quick fix is open until 2 a.m. but try not to make a habit out of fourth meal.
- Now remember! Don’t be a Billy!