By: Brooke Maggard
Have the winter blues got you down? Well the warm weather is getting here, so that’s a plus. But if you need to get out of a funk, get back up with these five simple steps!
- Spend a few hours at the Club Pool: With a hot tub and a sauna, you can pamper yourself for a little while or you can get a few laps in!
- Take a walk: On any sunny day, take a walk. Whether it’s for a few minutes or a half hour you can get yourself some needed sunlight as well as some light exercise.
- Take advantage of the SAD light: Most people don’t know that EMU has a SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) light in Snow Health Center. This light replaces the sunlight and can is free to use for students. Get back the Vitamin D and energy your body is lacking.
- Fight the cravings: SAD can make you want to eat more. Fight your cravings. Eating more unhealthy foods might satisfy you for a short time but will only make you feel worse in the end.
- Do your homework somewhere besides your room: It’s easy to be lazy in the winter since it is so uncomfortable outside and gets darker sooner. By doing your homework not in your room you don’t have to option of slacking off in bed.