By: Brooke Maggard
Is it raining on campus? Don’t let the poor weather put you in a poor mood. Embrace it and start checking off these five items from your list:
1. Play in the rain: Let’s start with the obvious. Yes, we may all be over the age of it being acceptable to have this urge. With this being said though, that does not mean we cannot. So go! Go right now! Play in the rain!
2. If it’s Friday, go to Friday Movie Night: Do you like to watch a good movie? If you answered no, go anyway! Campus Life puts on fabulous movies every Friday and if it’s raining, it is a great way to get out of the rain and do something! If it’s not Friday, grab your roommate, make some popcorn and voila (insert day of the week here) Movie Night!
3. Share an umbrella with someone: Awkward? You betcha! Don’t let that stop you though! It will keep someone else semi-dry, give you an entertaining walk to class and hopefully you’ll meet someone new.
4. Paint your nails: Most people put painting their nails close to the bottom of their list. When it’s raining though, you try to stay in your room more. What a perfect chance to move the bottom of the list to the top of the list and fix those nails! Guys, feel free to skip this one but also feel free to give it a try! Rainbow, blue, green, clear or black! Paint away.
5. Sit in a building you’ve never been in on campus: Some of you might have read this and said, “Well, I’ve sat in every building on campus.” If that’s the case, sit in one you rarely sit in. Or better yet, sit in your least favorite! Find something you love about it instead of getting soaked outside. Or be extra productive seeing that you hate the building and won’t be distracted. Either way, something good will come out of it!